[Edit: I've dived into the PHP abyss and added the math spam code and reactivated the plugin. Let me know via the contact form if anyone has problems leaving a comment.]
[Edit 2: Well, I can't add the math comment spam code into this theme without major surgery, so I'm likely stuck having to sort through thousands of pounds of spam weekly.]
I had forgotten to either turn off my math comments spam captcha thing and I got several emails this morning saying people could not post comments. That has now been corrected. If I stay with this theme, I’ll add the code into the theme files and reactivate it.
One of the main reasons I have it is that if I don’t, my spam filter queue gets a real workout. At times I’ve gotten over 200 per day and I have to look through all of them carefully to make sure legitimate comments are not mixed in with the junk. With the math comment spam thing, I only see about 5 or 10 in the spam queue per week.
Well I couldn’t resist, I changed themes again. This one though I’ve put quite a bit of time into customizing.
I started with a theme created by Sadish Balasubramanian called Seashore, which as you can see from the image at left, was basically cool grays (click to enlarge). I’ve always been drawn to the color combination that you see here and since I wanted to make a change, this seemed to be the perfect time to dive into CSS editing and to come up with exactly what I wanted. Over the next few weeks, the colors may change some as I refine things.
Let me know what you think. I’m always open to comments, positive, negative or neutral. I’ll be putting one of my own photos in as a header shortly.
No, you’re not in the wrong place, The Sacred Path has gone shopping for a new look and i think I’ve found it. I haven’t even begun to explore all the possibilities with this theme, because well, it has more built-in options, bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at.
Over the next few weeks, you may see changes to the arrangement of the sidebars and more features will be rolled out as I get the time to explore them and decide what is useful and what is not.
Let me know what you think, good, bad or indifferent. All comments and suggestions will be warmly received.
I’ve been tagged by KatKMeanders! I knew it was only a matter of time till I got pulled into one of the blogging games. I ignored the signs, living recklessly, fast and loose. It caught up with me finally.
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blog
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Seven facts about me:
- I love Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. I’ve been know to eat three pints of it in a week. I may go months without having any, but then the urge will hit and I’m off to the grocery store.
- I hate brussels sprouts. It’s the only vegetable that I absolutely will not eat in any form, and no, I will not like your special secret recipe.
- I love to drive fast and especially on twisty mountain roads (only when there is no traffic). Since I sold my twin-turbo Audi Quattro and bought my Prius, that thrill is gone. I used to love to mash the pedal to the floor at the beginning of a freeway on-ramp and watch the speedometer pass 100 mph before I reached the point where I merged into the freeway. I do like knowing that I’m putting less than a third the amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than when I was driving my Audi, and the fact that my fuel bill has dropped to less than a third what it was. Thrills of a different flavor.
- My favorite movie is What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Annabella Sciorra. I have the DVD and watch it probably four times a year.
- I watch SouthPark. I won’t apologize for it. I find it extremely entertaining in a sarcastic, satirical, ironical sort of way. It’s one of the only TV shows I watch.
- In 2000, I voted for Bush. Before his first term was half over I realized the consequences of my choice was going to be 1000 lifetimes of bad karma for me. When the last canoe leave planet earth, I’ll be standing on the shore waving goodbye. Please make it a little easier on me and take your trash with you so I have less cleaning up and rebuilding to do. Thanks in advance.
- I like my cat Sidney better than some people I meet. He is what he is with no masks, no deceptions, no illusions, no delusions.
Not to choose seven victims. FrankDeMarco , you have been tagged. BreathingEasy , you have been tagged. MuseEditions, you have been tagged. Thistimethisspace , you have been tagged. Lettershometoyou , you have been tagged. Terraflora , you have been tagged. Theartistsopinion , you have been tagged. Ode2Food , you have been tagged.
I have bitten the bullet and gotten my own domain name and have transferred most of my blog at wordpress.com (thesacredpath.wordpress.com) over to my new domain. I have other things going on and having my own web host will allow me much more flexibility including being able to get my photographic website up and running, and having a incredible array of themes to choose from (wordpress.com is a little limited on the themes they offer). I’m still for the moment existing in two places with The Sacred Path, and there are a couple posts I have yet to transfer over here.
When I officially make the change, I will put one last post on my wordpress.com blog letting everyone know of the change and give a link to this blog. I’ll delete everything off of that blog except for the “We’ve Moved” post and leave it up for about six months.