I value your comments and encourage you to comment on posts that interest you, and I certainly do not expect everyone to agree with my view.
- Authorship: All comments within this site are the responsibility of the comment author, not the site owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author.
- Hold Harmless: By submitting a comment on this site, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, The Sacred Path, its Owner and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- Privacy: All comment author contact information is regarded in the strictest confidence and is not lent, sold or otherwise traded or passed to anybody. Period.
- Required Fields: To comment on this site, a name and email address is required. You may choose to use your real name (although I suggest not including your last name) or you may use an alias. Use of keywords in the name field is not permitted. Email addresses must be valid, but are not posted on the site. If you choose to include a URL (web address) to your website or blog, the name you provided will be linked to that URL with your comment.
- Moderation: At this time, first-time comments are held in moderation. After the first comment has been approved, then subsequent comments using the same email address and name will appear immediately. This is to prevent spam that might be missed by the spam filter from appearing on this site. The site owner reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
- Link limit: This site is set up to automatically hold any comment with two or more links in moderation. Any comment with more than two links may be marked as comment spam and deleted, but all links are investigated prior to making the decision to approve or disapprove a comment.
- Commercial links, post links, signature links, etc.: Including a link to your “personal” (non-commercial blog) or website is acceptable, but all links are subject to review and may be removed at the discretion of the site owner prior to approving the comment. Links to commercial sites may or may not be removed depending on the nature of the link and whether the comment is adding to the discussion. Comments made for the sole purpose of “link dropping” are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Comments on older posts: Currently comments are open on all posts on this site, but the site owner reserves the right to change this policy.
- Comment editing: If you wish to correct typos or spelling errors in a comment, use the contact form and in addition to the corrections you want made, include a link to the post, the date, and the username you used when you made the comment. All other types of editing requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Language: Although the site owner does not disapprove of the occasional use of profanity as a means of expression, he does ask that you keep it to a minimum. Comments with heavy use of profanity (in the site owner’s opinion) will not be approved.
- Personal attacks: Flame baiting, inflammatory and/or defamatory comments are not allowed and will be deleted.
- What to do if your comment does not appear: If you leave a comment on this site and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you are confident that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact the site owner using the Contact navigation tab located at the top of all pages.
- All Rights Reserved: The site owner, administrator, contributor, editor, and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also reserve the right to block access to commenting from individuals or group and/or from the entire site.
- Trackbacks/Pingbacks are comments: All trackbacks will be treated in accordance with these comments policies.
Commenting policies are subject to change without notice.
Revised: June 24, 2010